House league convenor
Call For House League Convenors
Our house league program relies on the help of people like you to be successful and run smoothly and effectively.
The AKBA Board is looking for volunteer coordinators, who will be responsible for running one of our age groups (Divisions).
Our convenors are dedicated to the oversight of each Division before, during and after each playing season. They help recruit coaches, ensure that Division practices and evaluations run smoothly, that the teams are balanced to the extent possible and that any issues or concerns throughout the summer are handled appropriately.
We truly appreciate the time and effort expended by these volunteers. Thank you for all that you do.
See the description below and please reach out if you think you can help.
- January to March
- Conduct annual review of playing rules for respective division and make recommendations for changes for Board approval through the VP of House League.
- Collect player request forms from parents, track them and ensure they are completed correctly.
- Monitor registrations.
- Start recruiting coaches for upcoming season
- Develop plan for player evaluation day for your respective division (7U to U13 divisions only)
- Continue to recruit coaches
- Attend evaluation day and organize volunteers at the stations for your respective division.
- Continue to recruit coaches.
- Create teams and assign coaches for respective division.
- Lead pre-season coaches meeting for respective division (linked to equipment pick-up day ideally), to review rules, expectations etc.
- Communicate with coaches and when appropriate entire division, including sharing key dates, photo day info and playoff schedule info.
- June & July
- Manage disputes and escalate to the VP of House League as required.
- Coordinate the scheduling of make-up games for respective division within the parameters of the AKBA Scheduler.
- Same activities listed for June and July.
- Attend Final weekend for respective division, hand out awards that are supposed to be handed out at year-end barbeque, manage disputes and communicate schedule as developed by the AKBA Scheduler.
- Ensure all teams player evaluations are submitted and provided the VP of House League.
- Assist in the collection of team equipment bags/buckets – coordinating equipment collect with the VP of Operations.
- Assist the VP of Operations in the collection of diamond equipment from diamonds as required.
- By September 15th, provide a year-end report to the VP of House League, along with the year-end evaluations from all the teams. The year-end report includes a summary of your recommendations for next year that can be passed to the next Division Convener.
- If not planning on returning as Division Convener for the following year, assist in the
recruitment of, or make suggestions on a successor for your division if possible.